Public Safety Cadet
The City of Farmington is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Safety Cadet. The Public Safety Cadet is a non-sworn, part-time civilian position within the Department of Public Safety. Cadets to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks including assisting Public Safety Officers in the course of their duties and monitoring the jail.
Eligible candidates must meet the following pre-employment qualifications:
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- No felony convictions.
- Current MI Driver’s License
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Good, moral character.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including shift work, nights and weekends, holidays, and emergency callbacks.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment screening process and background investigation.
- Must be able to work individually as well as be part of a team.
- The ideal candidate will be a positive and upbeat individual who is willing to take the first steps in a lifelong profession, whether it be Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, or both.
Starting: $14 per hour
How To Apply
Applications can be obtained on-line: http://www.ci.farmington.mi.us/Services/PublicSafety/AboutUs/PublicSafetyOfficer.asp
Interested applicants may also contact Commander Bob Houhanisin at 248-474-5500, Ext: 2241
Open Until Position Filled