The City of Farmington is an equal opportunity employer and is currently accepting applications for multiple positions as a Public Safety Cadet (PSC).
The Public Safety Cadet is a non-sworn part- time civilian position within the Department of Public Safety, responsible for performing a variety of duties related to assisting public safety officers, while monitoring the jail and public safety department facility and phones.
Public Safety Cadet duties include:
Candidates must also have the following:
- Monitor and check on prisoners
- Clerical work, such as typing, filing paperwork, monitoring the police radio
- Assist citizens at the front desk, including minor criminal and non criminal reports
- Assist the shift supervisor in the course of their duties
- Maintain the cleanliness of the public safety department
- Monitor the department’s internal surveillance cameras
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Current MI driver’s license
- Acceptable driving record
- Strong moral character
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including shift work, nights, weekends, holidays, and emergency callbacks
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment screening process and background investigation
- Must be able to work individually as well as be part of a team
- Pick days/shifts you work
- Cadet uniform provided
- Public safety (police/fire) training opportunities
Contact Sgt. Wash by email at email@example.com
or phone at 248-699-5160
for further information and to schedule an interview.