Reservations for the large pavilion and playscape gazebo will be taken as of June 1, 2021.
Reservations for both the large pavilion and playscape gazebo in Shiawassee Park can be made, in person, at the City Clerk’s office beginning January 1 for each calendar year.
- Reservations are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
- Weekend reservations are not available to non-residents.
- Fees must be paid before a reservation permit can be issued.
- Rescheduling within the same calendar year is allowed based on availability of day and time. The original permit must be returned before a replacement is issued.
- Any event or activity not specifically allowed or provided for in the park rules & regulations requires City approval.
Section 21-26 - Obstructing walks, drives.
No person shall obstruct any walk or drive in any public park or playground.
Section 21-27 - Alcoholic Liquors not allowed.
No person shall bring into or drink in any city park any alcoholic liquors.
Section 21-28 - Ball games.
No person shall engage in any baseball, football or softball throwing, or other violent or rough exercise or play in any public park or other public place, except in areas designated therefore by the City Manager.
Section 21-29 – Motor Vehicles.
No person shall operate any motor vehicle in, upon or through any municipally owned park or playground in the City, except in areas provided and designated for the park of motor vehicles, unless specifically authorized by the City Manager.
Section 21-30 – Golf not allowed.
It shall be unlawful for any person to play golf or to drive golf balls in a public park or playground.
Section 21-31 – Horses not allowed.
It shall be unlawful for any person to ride or lead a horse into a public park or playground.
Section 21-32 – Additional rules.
The City Manager is hereby empowered to make such rules and regulations subject to the approval of the council, pertaining to the conduct and use of parks and public grounds as are necessary to administer the same and to protect public property and the safety health and welfare of the public. No person shall fail to comply with such rules and regulations.
- Hours Open – Dawn until 10:00pm
- All dogs shall be on a leash no greater than 6 feet and under the control of owner/custodian.
*Section 5-38 – (1) Sanitation.
The owner of such dog or cat shall immediately remove all droppings deposited by such dog or cat by any sanitary method.
*The sanitation ordinance is contained in the article addressing animal regulations, however, it also applies to parks.
- Located near the tennis courts
- Capacity: 100 persons
- Fees: Farmington/Farmington Hills residents - $20 per hour/$100 maximum per day
- Non-residents - $50 per hour/$250 per day (no weekends)
- Adjacent to the playscape
- Capacity: 20 persons
- Fees: Farmington/Farmington Hills residents - $20 per hour/ maximum of two hours
- Non-residents - $50 per hour/maximum of two hours (no weekends)