Notary Service Policy
Notary services will be provided pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan and the following Notary Service Policy of the City of Farmington:
Notaries acting on the behalf of the City of Farmington shall:
- Only notarize documents written in English, or with the English translation attached.
- Notarize completed documents, which shall not contain blanks.
- Confirm the identity of all individuals requesting notary service against a government issued photo identification card.
- Not act as a witness to and notarize the same document.
- Not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy of another record.
- Not notarize copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing paperwork, financial documents, trusts, wills, or power of attorney
- Not perform a notarial act electronically..
We reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document.
Fee: $5.00 per notarized signature.