Skip To Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the deadlines for paying water bills?
The deadlines are January 15, April 15, July 15 and October 15. Postdated checks will be returned.

Where are the borders of the City of Farmington?
Farmington and Farmington Hills are separate and distinct cities. Farmington lies north of Livonia, east of Novi, west of Southfield and south of Ten Mile Road.

What is the procedure for obtaining a final bill from the city such as a water bill? How does the city handle final bills?
The citizen should record the current read on their water meter and call the Department of Public Works to request a final bill.

Where is Farmington City Hall located? What hours is City Hall open?
City Hall is located at 23600 Liberty Street, along Grand River Road, one-half block west of Farmington Road. Business hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Does the city prepare, store and copy birth and death certificates?
No, the city does not. For those records, the individual must contact Oakland County at the following telephone number: 248-858-0571.

How may a person purchase a cemetery lot in the Farmington City Cemetery?
Lots are no longer available. The City Clerk's Office has information on cemetery rules and regulations. Individuals with questions should call 248-474-5500 and ask for the Clerk's office.

Who are the elected county, state, and federal officials who represent the people of Farmington? What are their telephone numbers?
Click here for a complete listing of elected officials.

What are the tax rates and deadlines in Farmington?
Click here for the Treasurer's section of our website.

Where is the Chamber of Commerce? Who are the officers? What is the telephone number?
The Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce is located at Grand River, Suite 101, Farmington, MI 48335. The CEO/President is Mary Engelman, 248-919-6917. Click here to visit the Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce.

What city parks are available? Are fees charged for use of the parks?
Farmington has five parks: Drake Park, Shiawassee Park, Memorial Park, Downtown Riley Park and Women’s Park. Pavilion reservations can be made at Shiawassee Park through the City Clerk’s Office. Ball field reservations are made through the City of Farmington Hills.

What are the procedures for buying a dog or cat license? What are the fees and due dates? How may a citizen mail in requests?
Click here to visit the Oakland County website.

Where is severe weather information available? (Do not call the city for severe weather information.)
Listen to one of the following radio and television stations: WJR, 760 AM; WWJ, 950 AM; the local cable weather channel.